Development Team

This is where we can discuss general Resonate development, ranging from help with getting set up and development policies. Essentially any development work that doesn’t fit into #platform:epics. There’s a few ways we’re doing this

• Monthly meetups (see below)

• Telegram dev chat (technical chat only). Ping @auggod or @angusmcleod on telegram and we’ll add you.

• One-on-one calls with the senior resonate devs (currently @auggod and @angus) if docs + chat isn’t doing it for you.

• #platform forum category for any general development discussions that don’t fit into one of the sub-categories.

5 Likes

Yes please… Also the ID server local environment if possible. I’m on UTC+1 but happy to stay late.

are you volunteering to teach the ID server setup :wink:

2 Likes

No idea where to start! I was hoping to find the client login and sign-up code rather than the go-oauth2 server and user API go code.

1 Like

this isn’t it? GitHub - resonatecoop/id at develop

I’m good for Sunday 9pm PST (Los Angeles) if anyone else is down for then.

Fair warning I haven’t set this repo up yet but I’m down to try and I’m sure it’s nothing couldn’t figure out . :sun_with_face:

@boopboop yes I have that link for the server side setup, but I wanted to check that the UI on the ID server uses the same setup toolkit and build as for the player. (Is Choo, bankai, nanohtml and so on and that the readme is up to date, any tips and so on…).

I have updated the id server README. You no longer need to setup wordpress and there is only one postgres database to setup (user-api).

See readme in develop branch: id/README.md at develop · resonatecoop/id · GitHub

1 Like

You will need to setup wordpress for the Track API v2. We only still need to release it publicly. Until then I can add you to our github team so you can see the repo.

@datafruits I’m busy on Sunday during that time :confused: Maybe we can circle back on this after that community meeting?

1 Like

@boopboop @auggod @Nick_M @datafruits If you’re ok with it, given the “timezone shuffle” factor, and that we’re scheduling in a lot of meetings atm, I suggest we tackle this like so

1. Add whoever wants to join to the resonate telegram dev chat (technical chat only). Ping @auggod or @angusmcleod on telegram and we’ll add you. You can ask questions when you get stuck with local setups / the readmes there.

2. Setup one-on-one meetings with the senior resonate devs (currently Aug and myself) if docs + chat isn’t doing it for you. One-on-one is better for this kind of thing and timezones.

3. Have a monthly meetup where we can also cover things like Resonate github policy. Aug and I have been discussing this on and off.

For 3, I propose we start that 2021-09-14T11:00:00Z. @auggod does that work for you?

1 Like

I’m good with this time

1 Like

yes, works for me

1 Like

@angus can the meeting be shortened to 30 minutes? i suppose it would be long enough to cover most questions

1 Like

@developers here we go

@developers Thanks for a good call yesterday guys. As mentioned we’ll have these calls monthly, and use these other channels for async and 1:1 discussion in the interim

• resonate telegram dev chat (technical chat only). Ping @auggod or @angusmcleod on telegram and we’ll add you.

• One-on-one meetings with the senior resonate devs (currently @auggod and @angus) if docs + chat isn’t doing it for you.

• #platform forum category for any general development discussions that don’t fit into one of the sub-categories.

Development policies

Branch policy

We’re going to move to this branch policy across all of our repos

• Development (default)
  • Main (production)
  • Branch Protection on main

Commit prefix conventions

We’re going to use these commit prefix conventions as a starting point

Continuous Integration and Access

We’re going to adopt the following github CI and access

• A Github Team for push rights to repos
  • Require all tests to pass on every PR
    • Stream: linting and syntax
    • API: Go tests
    • User API: Go tests
    • Epic that focuses on integrity

Documentation

We’re going to update the readmes of the main repos to ensure it’s easy for folks to get started with developing with the code locally

• Make it clear that there is swagger
  • Remove references to bankai
  • “You can find an example nginx configuration file in the docs.” Doesn’t work. If you want to use it include it as nginx.conf.
  • mkcert put some example commands
  • Make it explicit that the backend is needed to run it locally
3 Likes

Current to-dos

• @auggod will apply the branch policy to stream
  • @angus will apply the branch policy to the user-api
  • @angus will create a developers team on github to handle push rights
  • @boopboop will create a PR to improve the readme of the stream

Follow up here once you’ve done your todo on this list (as we won’t be having regular meetings for this stuff.

3 Likes

Questions

• there’s a swagger that works? I’ve tried looking for it but seem to have missed it.
  • Make it explicit that the backend is needed to run it locally - it would be nice to have instructions for running just the stream frontend locally (my task) and also instructions for running the frontend and backend(s) locally. I can attempt this second one.

here’s my todo: readme updates by whatSocks · Pull Request #103 · resonatecoop/stream · GitHub

1 Like

@angus would it be possible to find a volunteer to test the readme steps end-to-end? Not sure what the status is with the volunteer list.