User Onboarding and Accounting Epic

@developers here’s a link for out meeting in 5

@developers Hey guys :slight_smile: for our meeting

Is the meeting on ?

Oh hi LLK! It was an hour ago at 1500 CET = 1400 UTC

Weird, it told me it was from today 4pm to 5pm (it’s still telling me this right now and that it ends in 30 minutes actually). It’s not the first time there’s an issue with the timezone of a scheduled meeting btw.

Sorry! that’s my fault. The (relatively) recent daylight savings timezone changes meant that folks were expecting this an hour earlier than the stated time. I’ve updated it on the topic.

Ah yes, I figured this might have been the thing, well too bad, hope it was a good meeting anyway ! Much love to all.

1 Like

@developers hey guys, here’s a room for our meeting

@Nick_M @auggod Great work guys!

Note that we won’t be having a meeting next week, as we’ll be done before then. Here’s our final to do list, mopping up the remaining tasks in the epic:

1. Nick to check stripe invoice emails: stuck here on a couple of things that need fixing in test (see post below)
  2. We’re using the member boolean for membership intent if the user is an artist
  3. Aug to automatically redirect artist to profile after successful checkout
  4. Add an option to use free credits
  5. Nick to review help text in id fields, then Angus (still in progress, sorry - figma needs to be finalised - original suggested text was in this post
  6. Add a plus to allow an artist to create multiple persona
  7. Add “Add music” button to success screen after updating profile
  8. Nick will look at what it looks like for people who’s membership has expired? (See below)

Strike them off when they’re done using ~~ task ~~, (it will look like this: task)

1 Like

A few snags when testing:

• untrapped user api error for duplicate email address when adding new user
  • new user with fresh username throws a not null constraint error when it finds there aren’t any credits for that user in credits

The email text I suggested is in the earlier post, but I haven’t been able to test it all out yet.

There are some links to old website text (Privacy Policy - Resonate) and new forum content (Security Incident and Data Protection Policy) which need to be updated for consistency. I’ll post that on the website sub-category.

1 Like

I will submit a PR for fixing the duplicate email address error today. Already had identified the issue.

Is it a regression? I always thought it was handled by bun (our db orm) out of the box as email uniqueness is defined on the model.

UPDATE:
PR was merged. Small issue with the error message not being properly handled.

2 Likes

Come to our next meeting link leads here.

Is there a meeting?

What is the status of this Epic?

This is in test, but effectively it is mothballed until it can be picked up again. See last status above and related docs. User Onboarding and Accounting Epic - #36 by angus

1 Like

Sorry.

Can you help interpret the effect of that list of tasks in terms of its impact on how best to direct user transactions to meet current funding goals while shifting from Wordpress forms to stripe?

Perhaps the pertinent outstanding issues are here (?): Flow Design for Creating Profiles and Joining as a Member - #7 by Nick_M

Basically it’s done, and @auggod has a version in test to walk through. Testing it thoroughly, deploying it, and turning wordpress signup flows off (the ones it replaces) are the next big steps.

For immediate funding goals, it’s probably quickest to use the existing Wordpress hookup from the donations and supporter shares pages, or indeed the open collective page that Sam has worked on.

If the new website was going up anytime soon it might be good to have donations links ready from fundraising pages in that to go to stripe checkout products for donations? We should avoid any break, or confusing overlap in fundraising channels

2 Likes

Are additional resources required? We have an offer from a benefactor. It would be helpful to summarize the present status in terms of additional needs (if any) and general timeline.

This is a dependency for going live with new site, right?

I think @auggod and @jackhajb are best placed to look at that

…for the links to transactional parts of flows, yes. Otherwise ‘coexistence’ of the static stuff with wordpress left in place for the transactional bits might be possible, but generally that would be very messy and hard to support.

1 Like

This sounds like a bottleneck impacting UX, operating income, communications and fund-raising. @Fundraising is preparing immediate work-arounds like you suggest but, as you also suggest, it seems quite messy. @Finance has received an offer of support if there is a question of additional resources. @zetto.plus is helping to coordinate.