⭐ User & Membership Management

Purpose

This is a forum post to summarise the user stories related to user and membership management. There’s more detail in the user and membership API specification and deck, but the purpose of this extract and summary is to:

• explain the context by summarising some overall goals, principles and assumptions;
  • focus more on the user experience in the sign up process (website ‘flows’);
  • think also about the user needs and experience of coop workers who ‘meet and greet’ and administer subscriptions and collections.

This is a place to collect the user stories in this area, it’s not a list of work in a roadmap, ‘epic’ or backlog of work within an epic - that’s a separate process

Context

Overall Goals and Principles

• Make it easy for people to visit and listen unauthenticated
  • Make it easy to join as a listener member in an automated process, leading to a personalised welcome
  • Allow members to easily and securely maintain their membership data and recover credentials if necessary
  • Adequate welcome and Know Your Co-Operator (KYCO) checks before membership
  • Membership administration is automated and self-reconciling wherever possible, with exception and performance reporting

Related Docs

There is some other technical stuff in the API doc, but that’s not what we are focusing on here. There are also some items in the ‘out of scope’ section of the API user stories related to member contact and campaign management (CRM - customer relationship management). They are very important for our urgent fundraising needs, but deserve a separate post.

We should also mention that the user stories around Payments and Accounting have a close, and supporting relationship to the user and membership processes and flows.
(some of the user stories are in fact shared / cross referenced)

User Stories

Ref Role As a …. I want to ……………………. so that I can…………
A01 user As a visitor I want to be able to easily sign up as a Listener and then login and listen to some tracks in full, with a little free listening credit.
A02 user As a (signed in) user I want to be able to choose to join as a co-op member, pay my membership subscription and purchase supporter shares if necessary.
A03 user As a user I want to receive greeting / on-boarding information
A04 member As a co-op member I want to easily and securely access and maintain my personal membership data and transaction history
A05 user as a member I want to specify my contact and communication channel choices
A06 user As a user I need to be able to volunteer, express interests and make offers of relevant skills and availability
A07 user As a user I need to recover/reset my credentials if lost or compromised
A08 user As a user I need to search for user groups by name or tag
A09 user As a user I want to control my consent to information being held about me, how it is shared and to delete my profile if I wish, so that my privacy is respected.
A10 user (label) As a label on Resonate I/we need to identify the artists that have signed up with us and to identify the members of our team (optional). I/we need to display (in the player, on the website) the profiles of the artists associated with us and (optional) the members of our label team.
A11 user (artist) As an artist (or artist in a band) I need a profile I can use independently and/or with one or more labels that I have signed with over time. I need to be able to display members in my/our profile as band members or ‘alias’ relationships that I wish to share.
A12 user (listener) As a listener I want to understand and navigate the artist and label relationships when I discover music.
A13 user As a user I want to record interests, follows (subscriptions) and record my recommendations so that I can consume a feed of updates from the usergroups I have subscribed to.
B01 admin As an administrator I need to approve new user id information / credentials,profiles and screen membership applications so that co-op policy is observed and that the quality of profiles on the player and other services is not compromised.
B02 admin As an administrator I need to ensure that all new members receive a personalised member greeting / newsletter by a communication channel of their choice so they feel welcome (see also the CRM user stories)
B03 admin As an administrator I need to own/operate a (semi-) automated member sign-up / greeting process and receive approval / exception alerts.
B04 admin As an administrator I need to track contributors (writers, performers, session musicians, engineers, producers, photographers) and have an identifier (ISNI?) to associate contributors with the recordings, works, products, metadata, and assets.
B05 admin As an administrator I need to set target threshold customer service criteria for escalation / exception reporting:
Number in approvals queue
Dwell time
Payment failures
B06 admin As an administrator I need to be able to identify volunteers and offers of relevant skills and availability
B07 admin As an administrator I need access to a log of customer service and security-related events and exception alerts for admin action such as logins, token refresh, password / account recovery
B08 admin As an administrator I need to execute logged access to a user account recovery or details edit - logged transactions with timestamp and userid in line with data security audit principles
B09 admin As an administrator, I need to administer role-based access control
B10 admin As an administrator, I require logging of authentication and access to endpoints for all significant resources / collections.
B11 admin As an administrator I want to understand and navigate the artist and label relationships when I make payments to artists so that statements are accurate
C01 co-op sec As a co-op secretary I need to ensure that membership records are up to date, complete, approved and accurate
C02 co-op sec As a co-op secretary and administrator I need to ensure membership renewals are paid and actioned and if not, memberships are terminated.
C03 co-op sec As a co-op secretary I must to be able to process and account for share transfers / gifts betwen members or co-op accounts (e.g. annulments)
3 Likes

Suggested User Stories:

As a Member I have been awarded a Community Credential that verifies my Membership.

As a Member I am able to access and participate in community spaces, governance process, and obtain other resources through digital confirmation of my Membership Credential.