Translating Resonate website

My contribution to the Spanish translation is finished, except for the first words of the STORYTELLING text located in the growth-campaign sheet. As previously stated, I am not a translator, so I am sure the translation can be improved greatly.

I’ve provided different translation alternatives to be chosen depending on space availability and clarity. In the next days, I will have the translation reviewed by another Spaniard, but it would be great if another Spanish speaking member of the community could review it too.

I think that the most appropriate way to propose modifications would be to post them here or/and as comments inside the spreadsheet, instead of modifying the text directly without notice and assessment. There are already some comments for the french translation in the home and coop sheets that can be used as a reference.

3 Likes

Sorry for the delayed reply on this @onapoli and @Timothee! Great work! There is some new important content coming on pricing I think, so as soon as that has stabilised (on Github) we could do some translation on that. I think we need an editor to finalise / decide on the English content to go up. Please bear with us while we work out who / when we can deliver the next batch of new copy. If there are any changes or additions to be made to the text in that spreadsheet, how should they be highlighted? As commennts and suggestions? Do we also need a version control sheet in here just to summarise (and celebrate!) all the headline changes / additions?

1 Like

Also just wanted to say that I have only recently discovered the really cool DeepL which appears awesomely intelligent in translating… and even more after it has learned a little. It suggests alternate words, adjusts gender, number, agreements, pronouns etc in the paragraph! Interested to hear what others think of it!

3 Likes

Yeah DeepL is very good! I used a combo of DeepL + Google Translate to help me with some translations. Let us know when the new content will be stabilized so we can finish the translation.

3 Likes

I could probably round up some folks to help with Japanese and Korean.

4 Likes

It would be awesome :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yoooooooo let’s go :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Tienes un link? Me lo puedo mirar :pray:

2 Likes

Found it!

Thank you @Nick_M ! I think that a version control system would be very helpful for this type of contributions where anyone can make changes.

@anamangot bienvenida y gracias por interesarte! Estaría genial si pudieras revisar la traducción española, sin compromiso. If you find any mistakes or parts that could be improved, I think that the best way to communicate it at this moment would be to post it here, or as a comment in the spreadsheet.

1 Like

La estuve mirando, añadí /modifiqué alguna cosa, pero tuve que hacer otras cosas así que seguiré visitando la hasta que haya mirado todo. Entramos en cuarentena aquí otra vez y los niños no van a la guardería, por lo que voy y vengo varias veces para poder terminar algo😂

2 Likes

Genial! No te preocupes, por el momento no hay prisa. Y además, toda contribución es bienvenida!

La traducción no está finalizada del todo. Hay muchas partes que tienen varias opciones, ya que no me decidía por ninguna. Las he indicado así (opción1 / opción2 / …). Estaría bien poder aclarar esas partes, ya sea eligiendo una opción de las disponibles, o añadiendo otra diferente. Como escribí antes, no tenemos ahora mismo un sistema para controlar versiones, así que creo que deberíamos tratar de indicar los cambios que hagamos de alguna manera siempre que sea posible.

Espero que estés bien. La verdad es que con esta situación hay que estar preparado para cambios continuos en nuestro día a día. Aquí están constantemente quitando y poniendo restricciones por barrios y comunidades, así que es un poco confuso.

3 Likes

Okis! Si aquí igual, ya veremos como va :roll_eyes:

OK so just so you know I (finally !) just finished translating all of the Resonate spreadsheet to French. And if anyone wants to, feel free to check for mistakes / errors / typos but other than the occasional ones, it should all be there now. I’m sorry it took me so long I had quite a busy and complicated pair of months since I started working on it, but it’s there at last !

2 Likes

That’s great @LLK!! Don’t worry, the Spanish translation is not finished yet :sweat_smile: . I’ll try to finish it this weekend.

Having both translations reviewed by more French and Spanish members would be ideal. Maybe @Timothee , @kritzkom , @Iamupinthecloud or @auggod can help with the French review?

2 Likes

I will check the French translation today, so much is already done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I finished everything ? There are a few sentences that were marked in red in the original english versions so I’m not too sure about those, and I think there are a few misleading typos in the original version, but other than that when I checked 2 days ago there wasn’t anything left to write.

Please don’t hesitate to tell me or leave a comment if you see some errors !

Spanish translation is also finished! Any Spanish speaking members are welcomed to suggest changes. @anamangot @TheAstorian

@Nick_M @Timothee I think both texts might be ready for the next step, which I think could be a review of crucial parts with more members of the community in order to ensure that translations are faithful. For example, I am very unconfortable with my translation of “Supporter Shares” into Spanish.

1 Like

I checked all the French text, corrected some minors typos or mistakes, and marked in red some (rare) parts which doesn’t sound correct (although it is understandable), but I didn’t see how to re-write it.

3 Likes

We probably bugged on the same parts which got me a bit confused as to what the original meaning of the english version was. Thanks a lot for checking the texts ! Sometimes I also just wanted to stay relatively true to the original english version even though I think it gives kind of an awkward tone to the french one, but since this is not my personnal project I didn’t want to be too liberal about how I interpret the texts.

1 Like