Time Tracking Experiment + Clockify

Context

Sunita and Hakanto have started experimenting with tracking work hours on Clockify, so that we can learn more about our work patterns and about time tracking software/practices.

How do I join this experiment?

Message @Hakanto or reply to this Topic with your email and Hakanto will add you to the Resonate Co-op team on Clockify.

How do I use Clockify?

Clockify is pretty intuitive, so start out by experimenting with it! If you have questions, reply to this Topic.

For a video overview of features (some more comprehensive than you may need), check out these video(s):

Assigning your hours to a Project on Clockify

On Clockify, you should assign your hours to a particular Project.

For descriptions of the different Projects we’ve defined on Clockify, check out the Current Hourly Projects section of the (draft) Chartering Agreement.

These Project definitions are new and experimental, so please offer feedback and suggestions if the work you’re doing doesn’t seem to fit into one of the Project definitions, or it overlaps between two or more of them at once in a way that is confusing.

Why define Projects?

Defining Projects should help us gain a better sense of what our labor is going toward. It is fascinating to see how much of a week is spent on Coordination – primarily moving around information and people!

Well-defined Projects should be clear and easy to use and should give us valuable information to learn from. For example, I separated out Uploading from Services, so that I could know how much time specifically was being spent on Uploading. Then we can think about how much labor we’ll save on Uploading once the Artist Dashboard is complete – helping us estimate the value of that work.

However, creating too many Projects and getting too specific may make tracking hours inconvenient and confusing. So we’ll keep messing around with these definitions to make them useful for us, rather than the categorization itself adding to our workload! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@richjensen @auggod

@brndnkng Sent you an invite to Clockify. Here’s a doc that gives an overview.

For descriptions of the different Projects we’ve defined on Clockify, check out the Current Hourly Projects section of the (draft) Chartering Agreement.

@Nick_M would you like an invite to Clockify? If so, send me an email address.