Research project on platform coops

Hi everyone,

I’ve a favour to ask - I’m a postgraduate researcher at King’s College London. I’m currently working on my dissertation for my Political Economy MA and I’m writing it on cooperative platforms. Resonate is one of my case studies, and I was really hoping to speak to some of the members over videoconference.

The focus of the dissertation is how platform coops deliver on public good objectives instead of commercial ones. There’s also a particular focus on how they collect and manage data as well, compared to Big Tech.

I wouldn’t need to take up too much of your time - just 30-40 minutes maximum. I would use quotes in my dissertation, but I wouldn’t be identifying anyone by name, only as a member of Resonate. There’ll be no difficult questions either. I just want to find out what motivates people to join coops, what they’re trying to achieve, and how much control they have over how their data is used.

The overall aim of the project is to establish a better understanding of the platform coop movement and its goals, so I’d really appreciate if you’d consider taking part. Please feel free to message me on here if you’re interested or over email at rory.oneill@kcl.ac.uk.

Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

Happy to help out Rory!

Nick

2 Likes