New Text/Copy For Resonate Player Landing Page

Hello, @auggod has been doing some awesome work on the new Resonate Player, and we now need to think of some text that we can display on the landing page that people who aren’t logged-in to Resonate will see, before entering the player.

The attached image is the current template that Augustin wrote up, but a lot of these things are supposedly still in progress.

I think it is important to display a clear distinction of what people can currently do on the player, but also some neat features we plan to add in the future.

Would love to gather some thoughts here from everyone, and then we can finalize things and get it on the page.

To start, @auggod and @Nick_M mentioned maybe having something like this:

Current Features:

Discovery - Discover new sounds and genres from artists all over the world. New releases added daily!

Fair Play - Directly support the artists you love with our de-centralized ‘stream2own’ pricing model.

Control - Don’t just listen. Co-own your platform and become a part of an active community where you share in decisions and profits by becoming a Resonate Co-op member.

Privacy - We play fair with your information too. We ask only for what we need to provide a trusted community streaming platform. We don’t sell you to anyone. You control what you share.

Features in Development!

Exploration
Browse by labels, artists, genre, and other creative roles with search filters.

Built for the Web and Mobile
Keep your music library synced with you at all time. No subscription or payment required.

Analytics and Historical Play Reports
Track your listening habits, and see how much money went to creators. Like Spotify Wrapped, but at your fingertips 24/7!

Reach Out and Share
Share listening credits with your friends and welcome new listeners and artists to Resonate with a gift.

Community Co-operation
Use your Resonate membership to join a network of co-operatives… peer to peer, human-centric, and secure.

Trust and Authentication
Protect our community work. Simple and verifiable licensing, premium quality downloads, personalised streams, and special offers!

Are there any very important/eye-catching features that we currently have, or are planning to add that I have missed? I would be interested in adding more calls to action on this page in the future, especially for people who aren’t members, but that could probably be for version 2.

Interested to hear everyone’s thoughts over the next handful of days, and then I can wrap things up by the end of the week to send to @auggod to be added to the final page.

Thanks,

• Sam Martyn
4 Likes

Feel free to reply to this topic if you have any suggestions, or just simply agree with the current setup.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey Sam, thanks for organizing this! Quite busy today, but I’ll contribute some thoughts this week :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thanks, no problem. You don’t have to if you have other things to work on, but it’s absolutely here if you would like. Thanks for the heads up!

Don’t know what’s the current state of this project, but I’m very excited for it:

Even if it wasn’t currently in development, I think that some of the ideas behind it could be useful to develop a bit more the Discovery and Exploration parts.

For me it is very cool to have a music platform where the intention is to give every musician an opportunity to be discovered. It is very hard, because there are lots of musicians and little high impact space, but projects like the linked one add more tools for discovery that I think benefit musicians and listeners alike.

And don’t know if this may fit the player landing page, but it could be interesting to include the idea that joining the Resonate Community is also another way of discovering music, musicians and other listeners, which I think makes the exploration experience more meaningful.

2 Likes

Hey @onapoli Thanks for the appreciation of Play Fair Community Streaming! We really had a great team there and got very close - we qualified for POINTER but there was some ‘rogue’ judging that knocked us out at the last minute. I heard today that LEDGER third call is kicking off, so we may be able to re-submit all the preparation we did for POINTER to LEDGER, if our partners are still willing.

It would be a great thing to do… I love the decentralised community aspects of what we were proposing, and our lovely partners. A long shot.

1 Like

Really thankful for the update @Nick_M ! The ideas behind that project are very powerful to me.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the input!

How would you summarize the play fair initiative into an additional section for “Features in Development?”

Also, for the community piece that you mention, would adding a section like the one below to “Current Features” capture what you are saying? I think it needs improvement regardless*

Connection
Don’t just discover new artists, connect with them too! Our community forum lets you connect with other artists, labels, and listeners, like never before, bringing you closer to the things you love.

2 Likes

The new Connection section looks appealing to me @Sam_Martyn . Would be great to have more opinions.

Regarding the Play fair section, I’ve come up with this:

Play Fair Community Streaming
An initiative for giving the possibility to artists and listeners from areas with weak internet connection to benefit from Play Fair music streaming. As a result, more global exposure would be given to local music communities and traditional music, which are currently at risk.

Any feedback or improvement suggestions are welcomed! :grinning:

2 Likes

@Sam_Martyn @auggod @onapoli Putting in some time today to brainstorm this topic. I’ll share ideas soon :palm_tree:

2 Likes

Got busy with AGM prep! Ideas postponed yet again! :upside_down_face:

Hi all, sorry I haven’t followed up with this in a while, but I just wanted to get everyone’s final thoughts on the copy/text for this landing page. We can always make more improvements in the future, but I just wanted to finalize something that I could send to the developers so they can add it to the new player.

@Hakanto, I know you mentioned having a few thoughts on this, so please feel free (along with anyone else) to add some improvements to this landing page copy by Monday (1/18/2021). I will send it over to the developers then to have them add any improvements to the page, and hopefully we can go live with the new version of the player soon, as a result.

Thanks!

• Sam
3 Likes

I’ll try to get more ideas over the weekend too.

2 Likes

Thanks! I think we have a really solid list so far, but yea if anything pops up for anyone, feel free to drop it in here and I can bring everything together and send it over.

1 Like

Really appreciate this @Sam_Martyn and @onapoli! Nice builds there for the player text!

2 Likes

Maybe on the PFCS paragraph, make it a bit shorter, and ‘active’ mood rather than passive, in line with the other less formal text:

“Play Fair Community Streaming” means that local artists and listeners without good internet can also enjoy streaming in their neighbourhood. They can sync up with global Resonate to share their music and stories more widely, safely and fairly.

2 Likes

I agree with your view @Nick_M , maybe we could take the text you mentioned as base and tweak it if necessary.

Yea, that all sounds good to me!

Here are some initial thoughts:

The welcome page for the Player doesn’t say “Resonate” anywhere on it, so I think our very first section should be a brief description of Resonate itself.

Each section could have a couple links under it for curious readers to find out more info on particular subjects. The new version of the player no longer has the [learn] button up top, so we’ll need to use this new welcome space very effectively.

Features like “ability to search by genre”, while new to Resonate and very exciting, are rather standard fare across streaming services. Instead, on this main page, we should lean into highlighting what are currently our most unique features: being co-operatively owned and the stream2own model itself.

The following text is placeholder as I try to work out the ideas.

Resonate.
a music streaming platform owned and run by its members – artists, labels, listeners and builders

[explore catalog] [become a member]

Direct artist support.
our stream2own model ensures that your listening supports the artists you love. all profits are invested back into our community.

[what is stream2own] [earnings & profits]

4 Likes

Hi all,

I have tried my best to combine everyone’s thoughts for this topic into this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ASBUQolmV1Up68T7PkSH30RZF0cmd7i61RjpVR_Ai9Y/edit?usp=drivesdk

Please review and let me know your thoughts within about 20 hours, as I am hoping to finalize this for @auggod soon!

A few questions that I had while creating this:

1. Do we have all of the info and links setup if we had the suggested buttons? (@Hakanto great suggestions!)

2. Double check the “Ownership” and “Community Streaming” sections (@onapoli & @Nick_M)

• I tried my best to combine both play fair community streaming descriptions, so let me know how I did, or if I should just go with a description that’s already listed in this topic. Also, do I need to have the “play fair” part, or can we take that out to make it shorter?
  1. @auggod, Are These People Already Listeners, or What Type of Call to Action (CTA) can we have to get people creating a listener account, and/or adding credits to Resonate?

Thank you everyone, and hopefully this work will help get the new Resonate Player one step closer to launch!

Best,
– Sam Martyn

2 Likes