Link to repo on landing page, emphasize that Resonate is open source

As I have promoted Resonate at different parts of the Fediverse, I have noticed a reoccurring theme. People do not believe that the project is open source. This is a big deal for a lot of people and a make-or-break indicator to checking out a project further, or drop it and move on.

At the very least there should be a link to the repos in the footer of the landing page, but I think it would be worth explicitly mentioning the open source nature of Resonate somewhere – maybe on the “Support” page? This is probably a good idea for SEO too.

5 Likes

I second this, was surprised that it wasn’t linked when I first found the project (had to google to find the code). It’s fantastic that it’s open source so can’t hurt to brag a little about it on the website somewhere.

5 Likes

Thanks for the prompt! Updated Twitter profile.

4 Likes

yep, the most loved icon on any website is a github or something similar :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a great addition, I wonder if for a certain crowd of devs and tech enthusiast, “open source” isn’t actually a more exciting mention than “co-op”, and if we’re both we should definitely enjoy the benefit of both and showcase it.

5 Likes

I became interested in the project when I re-found it on GitHub.

I had come across it before but it wasn’t really attractive to me until then

Careful, https://resonate.github.io/ is about something totally different.