iOS/Android App

To all of the devs:

@khadzhimurat has reached out and followed up multiple times now via social media and email to see where he can begin with regard to building Resonate an app for stores.

If @auggod, @angus, or @Nick_M could tap in with him (along with @jackhajb, whenever he’s ready), it would be much appreciated.

@khadzhimurat, in the meantime, please use this thread as an opportunity to share your thoughts with the rest of the community around how you think you could get this going sooner rather than later. As I shared with you, I’ve been pushing on this and arguing how doable it is for some years now, and you’ve expressed that you’ve looked through the GitHub and see huge potential for something now. But I’d like to see if you’re able to talk with the folks I tagged above and really confirm this for yourself given your experience, bandwidth, and commitment.

If anyone could engage here, would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Yes please, any leadership in getting that donations page up is a priority. Ideally it would be our own page with our own branding and story and our stripe checkout with a donations product in it. If not, an open collective page would be a quick alternative @Sam_Martyn but please keep it simple. Or we could easily do it on our old Wordpress with some help from @peter

In June 2020 I took it upon myself to get this done, drafted the ‘Our Growth Campaign’ page design, learned HUGO to do it an pushed a page up, it wasn’t ideal; @alexcrane did a great job in re-styling it. It nearly got there before it halted in the sand.

GROWTH CAMPAIGN v1.pdf (3.2 MB)

@zetto.plus someone please take whatever you have done and drafted and just get it up there. @auggod has the keys to do it, but not the time. @Timothee has done so much great work on all the current version of the text.

The board approved our original emergency funding plan back in early 2020, the last time we were in crisis. I worked on grant funding, got €200k in with help from others and some of that went to development. The sense of urgency faded.

Work on the fundraising page became the new (static) website project, but the final text was never finally agreed and put live. Everything was bundled for an integrated relaunch. I regret that we did not break out that fundraising page and grow out from there.

Our sense of financial urgency and collective decision-making has recently improved, but it hasn’t translated into action. Now the money has mostly gone and progress on the core epic is slowing to a standstill, fundraising has become the overriding priority.

@jackhajb this is it.

@khadzhimurat welcome!! So much to do. So much potential.

2 Likes

Another part of that fundraising plan was an approach to individual wealthy investors: we have materials to help with that… the proposal, the biz canvas, pitch presentations… anyone could use those to approach people who might be able to help us. Maybe some of the new breed of ESG investors might care to look at us, not just wealthy artists.

@khadzhimurat here is a post with some context on the mobile app development thread…

Maybe a fundraising app, using some of the content above could be the basis of the proof of concept described in here???

Needs to be done fast though.

Thanks for all the info here, @Nick_M. Were you responding to @boopboop? Just curious, as their comment is marked as deleted.

Really just wanna have a sense of what @khadzhimurat’s approach would be at this stage if he were to begin plugging away. I agree with your statements regarding priorities in fundraising, however.

2 Likes

No sorry - didn’t see @boopboop 's comment - was replying to you. From a dev perspective I’d leave it to @jackhajb to make the call on what we do. We’re all agreed on the urgency. He’ll want clarity on the message and then he can make the call on how we execute on it.

1 Like

Copy this, @Nick_M. :pray:t4:

1 Like

my reply was - if @khadzhimurat wants to volunteer with mobile development, just go for it!

Make a prototype that has login (maybe signup should wait), view tracks in a list, play tracks.

Anything else risks paralysis by analysis.

Deleted my original comment to defer to @jackhajb.

4 Likes

A bare bone prototype would be great.

Login using appropriate grant type. See: id/oauth2.md at develop · resonatecoop/id · GitHub
Display the amount of credits available (can use this api: Swagger UI)
Play a track (can be a free track or truncated)

There’s lot of work to do to improve both the stream api (trackserver) and playback tracking on the frontend. I hope we can make some progress asap.

After the new website and id server launch, we should be able to focus on that.

2 Likes

combined my and @auggod prototype definitions into this new thread

1 Like

Hello, dear friends! My name is Ismail and I’m lead-developer from TeamSESH. We would like to help you in developing your application for both platforms. So yeah, glad to see you made this thread, this is what @khadzhimurat wanted to start this journey. We will make a prototype on figma.com with first 2-3 screens. This is stage #1.

6 Likes

Supp! Working on iOS.

7 Likes

Great! Welcome Ismail! have you found our figma designs?

3 Likes

Team, we would like to start with private repository on github with test bundles for iOS and Android using your figma’s designs. Starting with MVP architecture. And then we will keep discuss about all features

5 Likes

Thank you so much for being here and stepping up, @dalgatalibekov and @IsmailDalgatov.

This is a long time coming. :pray:t4:

3 Likes

What’s the best way to follow up and keep a line of communication going, @khadzhimurat and @IsmailDalgatov?

1 Like

@khadzhimurat @IsmailDalgatov I’ve set up a new category here in the forum for devs who are working on their own projects in the Resonate ecosystem. Use the space to coordinate, share project updates, request help from us – whatever you like.

4 Likes

@Hakanto & @zetto.plus thank you so much! Discord & Telegram the best for communication.

Sorry guys, I got sick and dropped out of work and social networks. Always back to my usual pace

4 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better, @khadzhimurat! No worries at all.

I’ve been told there’s an active Telegram group-chat for devs?

@auggod, @angus, @Hakanto, @brndnkng, @richjensen??? Can you confirm?

If this is true, any way folks who are already on there can open up a chat with @IsmailDalgatov and @khadzhimurat as well?

1 Like