'Favourite' an album?

Hey there… new to the listening experience at Resonate. I can favourite tracks, adding them to my library… but am I right there isn’t a quick way to favourite an album? Like the wishlist system in Bandcamp, it’s really useful to be able to save an album… rather than go through and favourite each track in that album. If I’m missing this feature I apologise! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I second this. Would be cool to be able to fav albums.

Yes, this was similarly expressed in this post a while ago, sharing it again for good mesure

The excerpt about album favorite

Very much wanted, with a small subtlety between how different streaming services work in terms of favoriting track vs album: some do not automatically favorite every track when you favorite an album, which allows the user to determine if they “liked an album as a whole” (the majority of tracks) and will check later which specific tracks they are interested in VS favoriting a single track that they really want to listen to/buy later.

A side effect of this is that after listening to an album, since I have to favorite each track individually, I think I might as well verify that I really like each of them by listening to them once more. By doing so I “consume” my 2nd listening (whether I eventually liked the track or not), which is OK as the first ones are cheap, but it still takes some time. So in the end I just don’t care and favorite all the tracks one by one; in which case I might as well have a button that adds all tracks to favorites.

In the case of Resonate, I suppose its easier to implement “add each track to favorites” since it wouldn’t require adding a new variant of “favorites” just for albums. I don’t mind, as when listening to the favorited tracks I’ll be able to decide whether I really like them before purchase (and even with that 2nd hearing that just makes 2 hearings total, so cheap).

In addition, I discovered that there is no indication of whether a track is already liked or not. The Favorite button acts like a toggle: add if not added, remove if added, but you don’t know it in advance. So, when favoriting all the tracks on an album, it’s easy to mess up and click twice on the same, removing it by accident, or on the opposite skip one - in both cases you miss one at the end.

And I found this GitHub issue saying it’s on the works, but with a private PR…