Culture and Technology Study Group

Hey Folks,

So, I wanted to start a reading group and maybe organizing something where folks in the forum can meet and have conversations around ‘cultural technologies’. I wanted to use some books and maybe authors of these books to spark community for anyone who is into thinking about the intersections between art, technology and culture. The first book will be ‘Noise Uprising: The Audiopolitics of a World Music Revolution’ by Michael Denning. I am envisioning the sessions covering parts of the book, space for application or examples of space/place/time where I know for sure I want to host this on Tuesday during the week, but I am open to afternoon or evening EST time zone.

If this sounds interesting to you, please vote on a good time using the poll. I am really excited to hold and host this with everyone. The first meeting will be on June 28th, 2022.

Block Time for Study Group- Time is within this Time Block (90 min)
  • Afternoon (12:00 pm- 4:00 pm) - Eastern Standard Time
  • Evening (5:30 pm- 8:00 pm)- Eastern Standard Time

0 voters

3 Likes

Thank you for starting this @ode12!

2 Likes

I’m sorry I missed this. @ode12, do you know how to post it to the calendar?

hello! nothing was missed, did not schedule a date because I was waiting for additional votes!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

So I have two different time suggestions but we will continue on Tuesdays in September. I am looking forward to doing this book with everyone! I have reset the poll and encourage everyone who is interested to vote to get their vote in on August 31. We will start meeting September 6th!

• Morning (9 am EST)
  • Night (9 pm EST)

0 voters

or please feel free to suggest times here on this post!