Artists missing

Hello all. I went looking for Shaun Martin and Progger. Looks like they may have jumped ship. Anybody know what happened?

Thanks,
Dan.

I also was searching for Shaun Martin recently in order to reply to @Hakanto 's post, where he was asking for jazz and bossa nova artist recommendations, and couldn’t find him anymore. It made me doubt if I found him on Resonate, until now hahah.

I will try to find out what happened.

1 Like

I’m pondering a bit about privacy aspects. Two kinds of questions here:

1. Platform - Is an artist still on the platform? Or is there perhaps a glitch that made the artist’s profile invisible (and which now needs to be fixed)
  2. Personal - If they left, why did they leave?

I think that Question 1 is fair game, and even our responsibility to determine! However, I worry that Question 2 may be a too personal. Maybe I’m overthinking it.

@auggod would probably be able to answer Question 1. Shaun Martin still has a profile on the Wordpress side of things, so their account certainly wasn’t deleted – but yeah there isn’t any music currently on the Player.

1 Like

Not sure about Shaun, but if a label asks for an artist’s work to be taken down because they no longer want them to appear on Resonate, we remove the tracks from the player for all other than for those who have ‘owned’ the track.

2 Likes

I own and still play Shaun’s ‘One Big Party’ for example. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you @Hakanto and @Nick_M for checking!

I share your privacy concerns Hakanto. For other cases, I also think that just checking if there’s something wrong on the platform side is the only thing it should be disclosed. I think that sharing the why, in case an artist or label decided to remove their content from the platform, is not correct.

Me too! I am sad that the other songs aren’t there anymore.

@hakanto I don’t see how asking an artist, or even a listener, who leaves why they left is a privacy concern.

Dan.

1 Like

Per request from Ropeadope, we had to disable the tracks. If you had owned a track, you should still be able to stream it from the ‘owned’ tab.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree on that note: asking them why they left. But if they aren’t here to speak for themselves, there’s a possibility – however well-meaning – that our view of why they left could be either innaccurate or just hearsay. I very well could be being overly cautious about this; just my first reaction to it.

2 Likes